RESOURCE PRESERVATION: CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Each year, almost 270 000 tons of bananas are transported by boat to Europe. However approximately 15% will never be sold as retail stores discard those damaged during transport.
Kadalys gives them a second chance and transforms them into quality skin care products; good for the skin and the environment.
Kadalys collaborates with local planters in Martinique and Guadeloupe for their expertise and practices that respect the environment.
For 10 years, the planters of Guadeloupe and Martinique have developed a unique model of preservation agriculture that promotes biodiversity and respects the fragile balance between man and nature.
This partnership also strengthens the traceability, quality and safety of our main cosmetic active ingredient.
Kadalys has created its own label “Banane Ethique” in collaboration with the group “Banane de Guadeloupe and Martinique” certifying a responsible agricultural development approach. Furthermore, Kadalys redistributes 1% of its turnover to the banana sector to help finance research programs to promote new reasoned farming systems and to intensify varietal research.
Ingredients from green chemistry (ECOCERT)
Green chemistry is a clean and soft chemistry, aimed to minimize impact on the environment. Kadalys integrates this concept through 3 fundamental principles:
It is from these three that Kadalys has developed its Musactifs, powerful anti-oxidants found in banana peels, and certified by ECOCERT.
Our formulation charter – Formula SAFE
Our cosmetics have been developed following a strict criteria selection process and have several labels certifying them as being organic.
Moreover, we do not test our products on animals and our products do not contain mineral oils, synthetic silicones, synthetic dyes, preservatives not eco-certified (paraben, formaldehyde, …), chemical filter, phthalates, PEG, GMO…
100% of our products are labeled COSMEBIO
« Ecological and biological cosmetics is an ethical and scientific approach based on traditional know-how while benefiting from advances in the life sciences and nature »
We are members of the Professional Association of Ecological and Organic Cosmetics and have adhered to their charter of good practices based on 3 major themes: Men, ethics and social responsibility.
- We are committed to a scientific approach and to an ecological and organic cosmetics framed and controlled: natural ingredients (non-animal, sustainable and responsible …), use of processes from green chemistry for processing ingredients, recyclable packaging.
- We favor sustainable natural resources, no GMOs, conservation of biodiversity and the fight against bio piracy.
- We contribute to 8 COSMEBIO charter commitments, among them:
- 3 guidelines commitments: responsible communication, fair trade and biodiversity assessments.
- 2 obligations: clear information to consumers, the share of products labeled.
Our skin care is composed using the basis of French Ecocert’s specifications for certified natural and organic cosmetics. This organic cosmetic label guarantees that cosmetics are respectful to humanity and the environment.
- 95% minimal of the ingredients are natural or of natural origin.
- 95% minimal of the plant ingredients come from organic farming.
- 10% minimal of the finished product are from organic farming.
Perfumes, silicones, synthetic dyes, parabens, glycols (solvents) and all ingredients of animal origin are strictly prohibited.
For skin care products developed since the 1st of January 2017,the COSMOS reference system has replaced ECOCERT. It was developed by five founding members of natural and organic cosmetics in Europe: BDIH (Germany), Cosmebio (France), ECOCERT Greenlife SAS (France), ICEA (Italy), Soil Association (Great Britain). The objective is to harmonize the certification rules for organic and natural cosmetics at an European level. It adopts the principles of the ECOCERT reference system:
- Promote the use of ingredients from organic farming
- Use production and processing processes that respect the environment and human health
- Integrate and develop the concept of “green chemistry”
The Cosmos Organic repository adds new criteria:
- 5% maximum of the ingredients used as preservatives approved in a restrictive list.
- 20% minimum of the finished product comes from organic farming..
- Only biodegradable ingredients are accepted.
ONE VOICE – FOR ANIMAL AND PLANETARY ETHICS
One Voice has been fighting a struggle since 1995 for the basic rights of animals and for the dignity of every individual. They are committed to protect for animals, humans and the environment.
By engaging with One Voice we certify that our products have not been tested on animals at any stage.
100% of our packaging are eco-designed
THE FSC LABEL
Forest Stewardship Council is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization that issues an environmental label. It ensures that the production of timber or a wood-based product meets the procedures required to ensure sustainable forest management. In forest management, the FSC rules are the strictest and the FSC social and environmental requirements are the highest in the world.
To minimize our environmental impact, all Kadalys products are sold in ethical packaging from sustainably managed forests and our notices are printed inside our cases. With the same desire to preserve the environment all our packaging is recyclable.
Eco-design is the fact of taking into account the different environmental constraints in the creation phase. The aim is to limit environmental costs at all stages of the packaging’s life cycle (production, transport, reuse, recycling, etc.).
100% of our packaging are printed from paper and cardboard from sustainably managed forests
We select our packaging from responsible channels.
All our packaging are printed from paper and cardboard from sustainably managed forests FSC